Certified Integrated Industrial Ergonomics Specialist
Become a certified expert in industrial ergonomics by renown ergonomist Dr. Matt Jeffs PT,DPT!
We are officially approved for 10 hours of PT and AOTA CEUS! BOS pending.Sign Up For Our Certification Programs Here
Add Credentials to your Name!
After completing a certification course with Alternative Healthcare Careers, you can proudly call yourself a "Certified Integrated Ergonomic Specialist" and add CIES to the end of your title!
Become more employable, increase your earning potential, or gain the tools to start your ergonomic business.
Certifications we offer include: Office Certification, Industrial Certification and Telehealth Ergonomic Certification.
Students have gone to work for:
Why Choose Us?
All programs include:
1. WATCH ANYTIME: The course content and resources are available to access 24/7.
2. ON GOING SUPPORT: Private Facebook Community just for students and email support
3. 20 + Years of Ergonomic Experience: Dr. Matt Jeffs is renown in the ergonomic community for both his ergonomic knowledge but also as a local and global leader and speaker.
4. WEBSITE TEMPLATE: We want your business to succeed. That's why we give you a Done For You Website Template.
5. BUSINESS MODEL INCLUDED: We know that you may want a career as well as a side hustle. We provide you with a step by step business section to start your ergonomic business.
6. JOB TEMPLATE AND RESOURCES: We know that you may want a career within ergonomics, and so we've included resume templates and interview templates and a whole step by step guide to help you get an ergonomics position.
7. LIFETIME ACCESS AND UPDATES
8. CEUs: We are approved by the AOTA and multiple states for PT/PTAs (see below for more information).
Who should take our ergonomic certifications?
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapist Assistants
- Personal trainers
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Athletic Trainers
- Exercise Physiologists
- Medical Doctors
- Allied Health Professionals
- Safety & Health Professionals
For professionals who want to:
1. Transition into an ergonomic or injury prevention career: Get the knowledge and the certification in order to be able to transition into ergonomic or injury prevention careers.
2. Improve your earning potential: Add this certification to your skill set for improved earning potential.
3. Start your Ergonomic Telehealth Business or Side Hustle: Learn how to create your ergonomic telehealth side hustle or practice.
4. Start your Ergonomic Business or Side Hustle: Learn how to create your own ergonomic side hustle or business.
Inside the INDUSTRIAL Integrated Ergonomics Certification
*And yes, we teach this for those want to start as a side hustle as well as a career*
Course Completion Requirements
Additional Bonus Content Included:
Job Step by Step Guide
- Resume template
- Interview questions and answers
- Job application tips
- Top search term lists
- Networking on Linkedin
Business Set up Step By Step Guide
- 2 hours of content walking you through setting up your website, payment systems, booking systems and discovering clients.
- Website template
- Google intake form template
Purchase Your Industrial Ergonomic Certification Below:
If you would like to purchase and pay 2 monthly payments of $250 instead for the CIES or have the ergonomics bundle split payment as well, please contact us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help!
How to use this course to improve your career or start a new career path?
In this course, the attendee will learn an easy-to use, practical assessment tool that meets the industry standards of OSHA – The US Occupational Safety and Health Association. With this you'll learn assessment strategies for structural deficits and underlying conditions you can use the very next day to start treating and assessing people as an Integrated Industrial Ergonomist!
Business and Career Examples:
Some companies and facilities hire directly industrial ergonomists. So if you are not looking to start your own company, then YES this can help you separate yourself in the application and interview process for ergonomic full time positions.
Besides having being a potential employee and starting a new career path, you can also start your own ergonomic business!
How does this work? If a big company or facility does not want to hire someone full time, they will want to instead hire a contractor to come in for a weekend or a week, once a year or quarterly.
You could be that person that would come into companies, factories, technology businesses and help re-design workstations, re-design work flows, and conduct injury prevention assessments and even perform treatments!
Typical rates are $150 an hour or if booking for a day then $1000 a day.
PTA and COTA's looking to leave patient care but limited by their professional designation - you no longer are limited! Because you are doing "prevention" then this is not therapy and thus you are not limited by your degree.
Your degree will help you get hired as you can use your functional movement background to better conduct assessments and perform treatments but you can do this INDEPENDENTLY (unless treating workers compensation).
Side hustlers - whatever your professional designation, this is an opportunity to grow a business while working full time. You could conduct your evaluations over a weekend or remotely and grow from one company to many.
The cost to create a remote injury prevention and ergonomics practice is nearly zero!
Our Mentors Have 20+ Years Of Experience and Run Multi-Six Figure Businesses
Dr. Matt Jeffs
Dr. Jeffs is a renown public speaker and leader in risk mitigation, work-injury reduction, and industrial medicine and has served in a variety of settings: business-to-business, business-to-provider, and business-to-consumer formats.
With over 25 years of clinical and management experience, he has successfully rehabilitated over 23,000 individuals and has over 12,000 hours of direct onsite experience as a lean practitioner.
He was a Workforce Education director with the Regional Manufacturers Association (RMA) , consultant to the RMA Board of Directors, and provided a powerful industrial trade consortium with advice in workforce optimization and cost containment.
He was also the RMA Workforce Development Committee Director and focused on human resource managers on issues facing manufacturers as well as the plant manager executive SIG Director, RMA Environmental Health & Safety Committee Director, and RMA Professional Progress Curriculum Director.
He is the owner of Ability On-Demand, in which he provides on demand ergonomic consultations and virtual assessments and a leader in education in ergonomics- servicing as a principal faculty instructor at The Back School, national faculty instructor at Summit Professional Education and the Creator of the Remote Ergonomic Assessment Specialist (REAS I) certification curriculum and the creator of Ergonomics and Fitness Courses designed for hands-on assessment experience at technical colleges.
Dr. Emma Shapiro
Emma runs a six figure online business providing business automation, sales copy, website design and creation, and advertising - all while working full time. She's authored for popular EMR companies and provided business coaching for New Gait, HelloNote and several other popular companies and currently run's both Mike's and Christina's advertising.
If you want to learn how to run your therapy business as a side hustle, she has the automations you'll love.
Thank you so much! That was a very outstanding class and it will acutally help me start earning right away!
Great course to make any therapist much more confident with becoming an injury prevention specialist. I appreciated the easy to follow recommendations for the ergonomic assessments and business set up.
A TON of amazing, high quality information presented in this awesome course! I feel like this is something I can do right away. Thank you so much for this quality content!
Thank you for your knowledge Saturday in the RIPS course! Your innovation, advocay for therapy professionals and business mind is inspirational!
The Remote Injury Prevention Specialist Training was a perfect way to spend my Saturday. Prevention medicine is the way to go! This course was fun and engaging, providing knowledge to help me create my business.
One of the most relevant courses I have taken-well thought out and evidence based. I'm excited to put the principles to practice!
This course was great! Highly informational and helpful! I feel like I could start right now! Highly recommend!
Great course! I liked how they went through everything, gave examples and had an interactive portion we could try out what we'd learned.